Over the last year, I’ve made it a point to familiarize myself with non-department store makeup brands. And sometimes you find winners and sometimes you don’t. But while I love my luxury brand products (Hello Dior Airflash!), not everyone can or wants to spend $65 on foundation. Plus, while we all have brands we prefer, it’s never a good enough reason to use something just because of the name! I love using a variety of brands, and ultimately choose things based on what works for my face (or my client’s faces!).
Today I challenged myself and decided to replicate my daily beauty ritual with more affordable drugstore options…Here is the result:
I was happy with how it turned out! I keep things fairly basic on a daily basis. I focus on my complexion and skip eyeshadow, liner and mascara. I usually wear a bold lip, and lashes though.
For my complexion I used:
1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in #200 Soft Beige: $7.50
2. Maybelline FitMe powder in #310 to set my foundation with: $6
3. Jordana Forever Flawless pressed powder in #106 Light Honey as a bronzer: $1.25
4. Jordana Undercover Cream Concealer in #03 Soft Beinge for under my eyes and around my nose, et cetera: $1.25
For color I used:
1. Jordana blush in #17 Rouge: $1.25
2. Jordana blush in #2 Bronze for a little dimension: $1.25
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in #030 Smitten Eprise: $8
And here is what my face looked like 8 hours later. Everything held up great! No touch ups at all, except one lip touch up! Not too shabby for less than $30 right?
Cheers to Beauty, Budgets, and Being Frugal,
September 5, 2012