Our monthly Makeup Monday pro meetings are always so great! But this year we are upping our game with more education and going virtual! We started January off right with Napa Valley hair and makeup artist Rachel Lusk.
Rachel is a licensed cosmetologist with a decade and a half of experience. She specializes in bridal hair and makeup but also is a wiz at commercial work and is signed with the Look Agency out of San Francisco. She is the absolutely the queen of kit organization!
Having a strategic minimized kit is more important than ever! Here’s a recap of some of the things she shared with the group…
Want more kit inspo and tips? Then you have to follow Rachel on Instagram! https://instagram.com/rachel.luskhmua?igshid=rrax0ybmf8wt
She shares weekly peeks into her pro kit, what products you need to organize, and other ideas you’d never think of to make creating both safe and stylish! Thank you Rachel for sharing with us!
If you’re a pro makeup or hair artist and want to attend next month’s Makeup Monday meeting then email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the info!
January 31, 2021
Meet my friend Christi of Christi Reynolds Makeup Artistry! With over 17 years of experience in the beauty industry, she is the definition of a pro! Her skill and expertise have helped me both personally and professionally…in fact, Christi is the makeup artist I hired to do my makeup for my wedding 6 years ago! (See! EVERYONE needs to hire a professional makeup artist for their big day!)
I love Christi’s style of artistry…with a focus on complexion and a fresh aesthetic, her artistry really lets the person shine! I’m so thrilled she is sharing some of her must-have products with all of us! Here we go…
1. Elf eyelid primer: “This sheer formula doesn’t interfere with the color or texture of your shadows…use it and nothing will budge!
2. Benefit’s High Beam and Benetint: “I love to mix them together! Looks good on every skin tone and gives a natural healthy flush. Instant red carpet glow!”
3. MAC Mineralize Skin Finish: “I love this powders beautiful coverage, it’s not too much, and provides subtle luminosity! Great for setting foundation.”
4. Clarins Beauty Flash Balm: “Love it! I reach for this when I know that my skin needs that wide awake, fresh, just had a facial look! Instantly snaps my skin back from looking dehydrated.”
5. Lingering MAC brow pencil: “This is super precise so you can mimic the natural shape of the brow hairs.”
Christi sums up her beauty philosophy well,”I like to make-up, not make over. I like to correct, define, and enhance…enhance…not create! There’s a difference.”
So Cheers to Correcting, Defining, and Enhancing,
July 1, 2013