Ombré everything has been a big trend for a few years now and I am loving the look as nail art too! Here’s an easy way to get an ombré mani…it’s very simple, the bulk of the work really is in the clean up.
A couple of tips:
– Don’t rub the sponge on the nail, that will remove the polish. Just press in an up and down motion.
– When you load the sponge, if you apply it a similar width as your nail bed, the clean up will be minimal.
– Reapply polish to the sponge as necessary
– Repeat application until you reach the desired opacity. But wait a minute in between coats so you don’t remove the previous layer with your sponge.
– Your clear coat will smooth out any texture, so don’t wait for your ombré to dry before applying the clear coat.
Give this a shot and let me know how it turns out! The color possibilities are endless!
Cheers to Mani’s, Ombré, and Trendy Tips,
August 26, 2013
I’m sure you’ve all seen this trend…whether in hair or clothing it’s seems that ombré is everywhere!
Well tonight a little bit of boredom forced me to try the trend on my nails! I’ve definitely seen this done before and always thought it looked lovely but never sat down and tried it…as I was staring at my huge vase of nail polishes (that’s how I store mine…how do you store yours?) I realized I had a ton of yellow, coral, and orange polishes…
So I picked the 5 that seemed to show an ombré progression…
I’m quite happy with how it turned out and now wishing I had tried it sooner! It only took me a few minutes and I love that it’s a nail trend that takes no skill! Ha ha! As you know, nail polish is one of my biggest beauty loves and it seems new fancy ideas and trends with nails pop up daily! Love that!
So what do you think? Would you give this trend a try?
Cheers to Nail Polish, Ombré, and Boredom fixed by Beauty,
February 13, 2012