It’s not Valentine’s Day without kiss-worthy lips…and these 5 lipsticks are the perfect picks this week whether you have a date with someone special, a dear friend, or even just your favorite pj’s!
1. Kate Moss for Rimmel in number 17: the perfect classic pink! Great for a soft daytime look.
2. MAC Viva Glam V: a shimmery rosy beige, a great compliment to a smokey eye. Added bonus, the full price you pay goes to charity!
3. Vivid Rose by Maybelline: Ok, so not so much great for a date…but going out with your friends, or feeling sassy? This lippy packs a punch!
4. Warm Me Up #235 by Maybelline: the name says it all.
5. Color Whisper by Maybelline in Pin up Peach: a sheer hydrating wash of color for a low maintenance girlie touch.
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!
Cheers to the Perfect Pinks for your Pout,
February 12, 2014
This month it seems that pinks, berries, and reds are on the brain…along with hearts and glitter. While I may not make homemade Valentine’s cards anymore, I still find a way to flex my Valentine’s Day creative muscles! Here’s a soft girlie look to try this V-day…or any day for that matter!
1. Prep your eyes with a good primer.
2. Sweep a matte vanilla shadow on your brow bone.
3. Using a windshield wiper motion, apply a soft pink shadow in your crease.
4. Pat a shimmery cranberry shadow all over your eyelid.
5. Blend a soft brown into your crease so everything is seamless!
6. Pat a shimmery light pink shadow on the inner third of your lid.
7. Add a pop of shimmery vanilla in your inner socket.
8. Line your lower lashline with the same frosty cranberry as before.
9. Use black pencil to line your waterline.
10. Line your upper lashline too, I opted for a slightly bolder liquid liner.
11. Curl your lashes and finish with mascara (bonus points if you add false lashes!).
Naked Basics palette by UD
MAC shadows in Girlie (pink) and Cranberry
Rimmel Scandaleyes liner in black
Almay liquid liner
Cheers to Pink, Reds, and Valentines,
February 11, 2014
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! If there ever was a day to feel pretty, today would be the day! Whether you have a hot date, or are going to hang with friends, or if you (like me) are actually going to be sitting at home alone <<insert violin music here>> a good makeup look will make the day and night even more pleasant.
You know what else will make today great? Chocolate! I had the privilege of doing a guest post on a cooking/crafting blog today so you have to go check out my post and tell me what you think! I blogged the recipe to my mom-in-law’s chocolate dipped macaroons! Yum-O!
Don’t they look tasty?? Click here to get my recipe or just click on the picture of the macaroons! It’s not Valentine’s Day without a little chocolate!
So I planned a Valentine’s tutorial and then lo and behold Adele’s Grammy look was almost it exactly! So I made a few slight changes to match what she did!
Don’t you love her? Amazing talent and full of confidence…definitely doesn’t fit the normal Hollywood mold! So grab your brushes and red lipstick and settle in for a Valentine’s makeup look!
Ok, so if you’d like to do Adele’s look from her actual Grammy performance here is what you do:
They built on top of her red carpet look…so do the look in the tutorial, then add additional deep matte bronzer (contour) underneath your cheeks. She appeared to have a soft pink gloss on her lips so opt for that over the red lip. Since she did have a bold matte red lip on the red carpet it is more than likely that her lips had a slight stain when she removed her lipstick and that she put a neutral or clearish gloss on top! Then take a matte black shadow with your crease brush and work the color into your crease and into the outer third of your lid (that “v” area). That’s it folks!
Cheers to Valentine’s Day, Macaroons, and the lovely Adele,
February 14, 2012