Over the last year, I’ve made it a point to familiarize myself with non-department store makeup brands. And sometimes you find winners and sometimes you don’t. But while I love my luxury brand products (Hello Dior Airflash!), not everyone can or wants to spend $65 on foundation. Plus, while we all have brands we prefer, it’s never a good enough reason to use something just because of the name! I love using a variety of brands, and ultimately choose things based on what works for my face (or my client’s faces!).
Today I challenged myself and decided to replicate my daily beauty ritual with more affordable drugstore options…Here is the result:
I was happy with how it turned out! I keep things fairly basic on a daily basis. I focus on my complexion and skip eyeshadow, liner and mascara. I usually wear a bold lip, and lashes though.
For my complexion I used:
1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in #200 Soft Beige: $7.50
2. Maybelline FitMe powder in #310 to set my foundation with: $6
3. Jordana Forever Flawless pressed powder in #106 Light Honey as a bronzer: $1.25
4. Jordana Undercover Cream Concealer in #03 Soft Beinge for under my eyes and around my nose, et cetera: $1.25
For color I used:
1. Jordana blush in #17 Rouge: $1.25
2. Jordana blush in #2 Bronze for a little dimension: $1.25
3. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable in #030 Smitten Eprise: $8
And here is what my face looked like 8 hours later. Everything held up great! No touch ups at all, except one lip touch up! Not too shabby for less than $30 right?
Cheers to Beauty, Budgets, and Being Frugal,
September 5, 2012
The warmer weather proves that summer is almost here. And while it is exciting to bust out the sandals and summer dresses that were ignored during the winter…it’s fun to add something new to the routine! Here are the things that were in Ashley’s (Polish and Pout’s Lead Stylist) shopping cart this week!
1. Easyshine Glossy Lip Color by Jordana: creamy sheer color and only $1…need I say more?
2. ELF Bronzer: skip the sun damage and bronze it up baby!
3. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail polish in Twisted Pink: its all about bright colors right now! That neon tank top too much? A bright polish is a great way to ease into the trend!
4. ELF Eye Liner in Black: rock the graphic (aka bold) eyeliner trend for only $1
5. Sally Hansen Insta-Dry polish in Snappy Sorbet: the perfect summery coral!
6. Remington Hair Clips: these bobbys come in a variety of fun colors and are only $2.50 a pack! Use as a cute way to pin back those bangs or be daring and follow the new trend of showing your bobby pins when you put your hair up!!
Love Ashley’s picks!! I’m thinking that I definitely will go buy those colorful bobby pins ASAP!! Do you think you might give your summer look a boost with these items? It won’t do too much damage to your wallet…Plus, if you’re like me and not feeling “ready” yet for bikini season, I’ll let you in on a secret: beauty products always fit 😉
Cheers to Warmer Weather, Bright Colors, and Things that Fit,
May 11, 2012