I’ve been feeling inspired when it comes to nail art lately, as evidenced by my recent posts…So here’s another mani to try! It ends up looking like brush strokes on a canvas or a little tie-dyed!
I love this style because you can be messy and not super calculated…so it takes no precision! Its like a messy manicure…but on purpose! A nail novice or nail expert will have fun with this one.
I recommend doing this one hand at a time, as the clear coat is what smoothes out the brush strokes. Too much dry time will change the outcome and may result in a little texture. Try it out and let me know how yours turns out! And no need to use all shades in the same family…mix it up!
Cheers to Tie-Dye, Brush Strokes, and Messy Manicures,
August 30, 2013
Ombré everything has been a big trend for a few years now and I am loving the look as nail art too! Here’s an easy way to get an ombré mani…it’s very simple, the bulk of the work really is in the clean up.
A couple of tips:
– Don’t rub the sponge on the nail, that will remove the polish. Just press in an up and down motion.
– When you load the sponge, if you apply it a similar width as your nail bed, the clean up will be minimal.
– Reapply polish to the sponge as necessary
– Repeat application until you reach the desired opacity. But wait a minute in between coats so you don’t remove the previous layer with your sponge.
– Your clear coat will smooth out any texture, so don’t wait for your ombré to dry before applying the clear coat.
Give this a shot and let me know how it turns out! The color possibilities are endless!
Cheers to Mani’s, Ombré, and Trendy Tips,
August 26, 2013
The summer has flown by! And between doing makeup for numerous weddings and traveling so frequently I’ve dropped the ball on what’s in my Birchbox. In fact, July’s sat on my desk unopened for 3 weeks! Crazy, I know!
Here’s a peek at what I got! July was hosted by Glamour Magazine (which I subscribe to and LOVE!)…
The Fragrance sample was from a company called Juliette Has a Gun and named Lady Vengeance (umm ok, I love it already without smelling it!)…I’ve been wearing it the last few days and I must say it makes me feel very confident when I do. It strikes me more as a Fall fragrance though, or evening at least. Very potent. Love it!
Samples of the shadows from The Garden palette from Stila. I’ve never tried their shadows so I’m curious to see how the feel and wear!
A full size tin of green tea mints by Tea Forte, chamomile shampoo formulated for blondes by Klorane, a Jouer lip conditioner, a lovely minty blue polish by The Color Club (Love their polishes!! Free of the usual ick that’s inside of others!), and a pair of great ear buds w/ a special playlist on Spotify!
Whew! That seems like a lot yes? This was an awesome box! I just got an email saying my August box is on the way so more treats soon!
I love Birchbox! Every month feels like my birthday and I love trying the amazing new products! Do you subscribe to Birchbox? What did you get?
Cheers to Glamour, Birchbox, and Lady Vengeance,
August 10, 2012
Still needing more pick me ups for your summer look? Here’s what’s on my list for the warmer weather…
1. Kate Moss for Rimmel London: these lippys feel amazing, wear like a dream, and are under $5. My favorite is shade 12
2. Maybelline FitMe foundation: a long time favorite of mine. With a lightweight, luminous finish, you can consider this tinted moisturizer’s big sister. Perfect for those days when you don’t want to feel too “made up.” Around $6
3. Kiss Nail Decals: lasts up to ten days, tons of fun patterns and less than $6 a box! Good for nails and toes…or be daring and do the “accent nail” trend. I love this floral pattern!
4. Jergens Natural Glow: Skip the damaging sun and use this daily for a believable tan! LOVE this stuff! Definitely in my top 5 self tanning products! Under $8
5. ELF cream liner: $3 and lasts ALL day! Summer-proof liner to be sure.
6. Forever21 Hair Clips: Aren’t these yellow roses cute? $2.50
7. Clean and Clear Antibacterial Face Wash: one of my favorite face washes, this $4 miracle will take care of any extra yuck (ie: sweat & bacteria) that comes along with the heat.
8. Color Club in Jackie Oh!: less than $3, and free from all of the poisons in typical polishes! Love this electric shade!
So many beauty treats, so little time! Pretty nice though for only $35 right?!
Cheers to Sunshine, Summer-Proof Makeup, and Beauty Pick-me-Ups,
May 15, 2012